The Center for Intelligent Recovery and Kickflip
The Center for Intelligent Recovery and CHI Recovery, Inc. have recently teamed up to create a new and innovative program to help schools kids who may be at risk with drugs, learn about addiction, prevention and health.
The KickFlip Program utilizes proven practices in evidence-based education, intervention services and stabilization support, including “Restorative Justice” methods, and assists families in resourcing family education and community health care.
· Promote participants’ awareness of the path and the outcomes of youth substance use and substance abuse and to inspire participants to set a new course for their lives;
· Identifying the accompanying associated mental health problems balanced by healthy “survival tools” youth may use for healing and coping with challenging situations and emotions;
· Challenge faulty thinking and provide alternative solutions through education and experiential interventions;
· Help participants stabilize new patterns arising from healthy choices, and to remind participants of their immeasurable capacities;
· Advocate for healthy choices within families.
TEN WEEKS MAY SAVE A LIFE.
A ten-week intervention program which addresses substance abuse concerns among Middle School and High Schoolers, grades 6-12. The program is implemented on school campuses, and on field trips in community settings such as a local mall or a food bank. KickFlip delivers honest and comprehensive education to the students, (who have the SA infractions), and also to their families, who become instrumental in changing the trajectory of their loved one’s lives.
Intervention, stabilization, emotional-social education, and self-empowerment are the cornerstones of the program.